Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Nerd Nook Newbies

I'm just gonna dive right back into Nerd Nook Newbies and the logo above says it all! Yes, I have recaptured a huge part of my childhood with this one. He-Man and the Masters figures were literally the first action figures I remember playing with. Until this new addition I only had one single Masters of the Universe figure in the Nerd Nook, my flying fist He-Man. I'll never forget the day I dropped his weapon into a water trap on a golf course near my house. Who knows what happened to the shield. Regardless of him being incomplete, he's still a favorite!


For the longest time I wanted to reclaim the piece of my childhood that was defined and dominated by these muscle bound characters. I'd casually search for them here and there but would never pull the trigger. That all changed about 10 days ago when I scored this guy!


I figured if you're gonna start a MOTU collection why not dive in head first and start with non other than the Most Powerful Man In the Universe, He-Man himself! I'm not ashamed to admit that I've been walking around the house today (he just arrived in the mail this afternoon) shouting "He-man...and the Masters of the Universe!" then proceeding to sing the melody that would play in the cartoon's intro. Thankfully my wife knows the level of uber nerdyness I've achieved and loves me anyway!









Seeing this guy reminds me of great times! Times spent with my big brother and the amazing Masters of the Universe collection! The feeling I got when I pulled this guy out of the box is why I collect in the first place!



I love the pose of He-Man and the line that describes him! Iconic to say the least!

So there ya have it! My first Nerd Nook Newbies in a while was quite the jolt of nostalgia! Now I need Skeletor ;)

"He-Man guards the safety of all Eternia, his faithful allies at his side."


4 comments:

  1. HAHA. Great pics of your childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pics and a great score. I find myself looking for some of the MOTU I used to own every now and then. After I see the prices I usually close the browser and go cry a little bit. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yeah they are pricey for sure. I think I got a steal on this He-Man tho. Little by little i might try for some more of my childhood favorites like Beast Man, Man at Arms, Man E Faces, and TrapJaw ;)

      Delete