Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Nerd Nook Newbies

Welcome to another edition of Nerd Nook Newbies!

This will be  a quick one. As most people who have read my blog in the past know, I have been collecting LEGO minifigures. I pretty much check eBay every once in a while and buy the cheap ones I want from sellers who do free shipping. Here are my latest additions.......(next week's Newbies should be a bit more exicting....not that LEGOs aren't!)
Blind Bag Series 5 - Small Clown
He is half the size of most mini figs and holding a cream pie....what's not to love???
Still after the series one Clown (getting series one as a whole soon....hint hint hint)

Series 5 - Egyptian Queen (Cleopatra)
She is pretty cool. I mainly got her to complete the set when I score the Egyptian Pharaoh.

Finally (I said quick remember?) Series 4 - Viking
 This guy completed.....
........this couple....and just in time for Valentine's Day!

This week's LEGO Newbies.....

 I did pick up one other new item to add to my advertising icons collections.
  Count Chocula "Switch Helper" cereal premium

It was meant to be hung over your light switch to help you find it by glowing in the dark. This was a cereal box premium from the mid 70s. I want to collect them all, but they are pretty rare. Luckily...I'm in no hurry! Still haven't decided if I wanna put the old Count to use on my man cave light switch!
Here is an example of a box from decades ago that had these inside as treats for eager cereal lovers!

So that's about that. Hope you enjoyed checking out my new additions to the Nerd Nook!

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap man, Fruit Brute! I feel like I just got kicked in the taint by the giant boot of nostalgia. Wasn't there also a mummy? Yummy Mummy or some such?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup the mummy character was discontinued too. They should bring back the fruit brute! Glad I could provide some nostolgia for ya :)

      Delete