Thursday, September 8, 2016

Pop Culture League - House of Wax




For this week's assignment we have:

House of Wax

The local Wax Museum is having a fire sale and you have the opportunity to add a life-size, life-like action figure to your collection. Who do you choose?
 For this assignment there was but one choice.....
 I chose everyone's favorite "Reese's" scarfing alien for a whole bunch of reasons. For starters, ET has been a part of my life since practically day one. My mom loved the film and even got my an "ET" birthday card for my 1st birthday (which thankfully she saved me and I still have). So with "ET" always being around, the fact that it's a classic film with so much epic 80s vibes, dripping with memories/nostalgia, and that score from John Williams.... it was an easy pick for me!

Check out my last post here where I showed off my latest additions to my ET collection!

And be sure to check out the rest of the League's wax selections!

3 comments:

  1. I have a nearly life size ET but it has seen better days . who knew foam rubber wouldnt hold up well after 30 year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bro Midnight - I had a life size Yoda and the foam rubber deteriorated in about 5 years. His head fell right off. The force was not strong with him. :-(

      Delete
  2. Excellent choice! as long as he came with a barrel of Reese's Pieces.

    ReplyDelete