Sunday, September 4, 2016

Collection Update: "E.T." Stuff!

"E.T." is my all-time favorite movie. I've watched it literally dozens of times and enjoy it the same every time. No moment, in my opinion, from any other movie can compare to when the bikes take flight much to the bewilderment of the "authorities" pursuing them. That moment coupled with that iconic score by the legendary John Williams will always remain unsurpassed by any other in my opinion.

With all that said it should be no surprise that I have an ever growing "E.T." collection which I added to this week. Here's the goodies I took home...

As kid my brother and I both had identical "ET" lamps. Above is a photo of the two of us which also pictures one of the lamps. I've been searching for years to find one like it and have struck out. Luckily they also made a night light that looks identical (which I have). The eyes and heart glow just like the lamp but there's no pole. Well this week I found a pretty awesome alternative which has taken its place as my lamp in the man cave....
I love the base with "E.T." written in that familiar font. 

Next I added the vintage "E.T." lunch box. This is the first lunch box in my collection. I had to have it simply for the amazing graphics! 





 Finally (I guess you could say I saved the best for last) is this screen used prop from the early scenes of the film. This would have been seen glowing aboard ET's ship. With this being my favorite movie, I'm over the moon to own a recognizable screen used prop. As a collector you can really feel that connection with something like this...






 So that's it for my "E.T." collection update. Now to continue the hunt for that lamp....

No comments:

Post a Comment