Wednesday, August 17, 2016

The Return of the Pop Culture League - Shelfie!

So it's been nearly 2 years (9/01/14) since I posted anything on this blog. I had intended on getting back to blogging this summer and it just never happened.... until now! Brian over at Cool and Collected resurrected his pop culture blogging league (which I'm psyched about!) and has me back ready to post my first update in ages.

For this week's assignment it's "Shelfie". A simple assignment and one of my favorites! I decided to take a photo of my MOC wall that I feel really sums up my childhood...sure there's a few big ones missing like TMNT and Transformers (I hope to get into collecting those lines soon) but these lines do a pretty good job representing most of my obsessions growing in the 80s and early 90s. I know I'm biased but you really can't come close to topping these retro toy lines with anything they're cranking out these days....

Part of the league is sharing links of fellow participants....click the links below for some other pop culture shelfies...


The Harvey Mercheum has some slick displays loaded with awesome toys...

Toy Break's shelfies just look like my childhood!

Green Plastic Squirt Gun's shelves are an epic display of variety, colors, and awesomeness!

For all the rest check out Cool and Collected

Here's a random Shelfie loaded with my only surviving childhoods toys and some other bits and bobs from yesteryear...



11 comments:

  1. Oh man. I have always been amazed at your ability to collect only the best of the best. When you open your museum, I will be first in line.

    Glad to see the blog reawakened from its slumber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Brian! I am really excited the league is back.

      Delete
  2. I'm completely against keeping stuff in the package, but man. They just look so good up on those shelves. Great collection you have there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that every MOTU card used the same artwork on the front, but it didn't seem like it since every figure was so different. It's such a simple design, but since it puts the emphasis on the figure, it works very well.

      Delete
  3. As jaw dropping as that MOC display is,that humble one on the bottom features some heavy hitters as well , like the Super powers Superman and Toy Biz Wolverine (retractable claws).E.T. and Alf really add to the nostalgia.I've been thinking about getting into some of the plush stuff the 80s had to offer.Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100% agree! That shelf has some of my most prized possessions on it. Having moved when I was about 5 most of my earliest toys were given away. That He-Man in the photo only made it because I was holding it the whole way... Plane and all! :) As far as plushes go, I'd say go for it! I recently scored cuffs for My Pet Monster and am planning to go for some more 80s plushes... The t cats snarf and pound puppy comes to mind ;)

      Delete
    2. I love that shelf of your childhood items. It makes me regret that I gave away or destroyed so much of my stuff.

      Delete
  4. Awesome He-Man and Ghostbusters stuff. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete