Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Pop Culture League - Gold Medal


If _____ was an Olympic sport, I’d have a gold medal around my neck.

So this week's assignment the League is tasked with assigning themselves with a gold medal for something they're the best at. I did some thinking and was having a hard time coming up with something pop culture related that I'd dare say I'm the best at. After much deliberation......
If junk drawer variety was an Olympic sport, I'd have the gold medal around my neck!
Now I know this is a bold claim in the realm of collectors (cough.... hoarders) but I figured I'm at the least a silver! So without further ado... I give you the random contents of one of my "junk" drawers.....
I just love old stuff all jumbled together.....

The Spidey foil card has been with me over 20 years.... I need to find the Slobulus head for my Mad Ball head popper....

That's my original "Land Before Time" vhs back there.  The bag on the left is filled with Life Saver bendable toys (mail away promotion). The right bag is filled with "Real Ghostbusters" accessory ghosts (love those).

Remember these???

My original "Starfox" and "T2" games.... Was anyone else big time into "Spawn" toys in the 90s? I sure was....


Be sure to scope the rest of The League's post for more Olympic prowess....

Some quality time....
Toy Travel...
Video Game Tunes...

For the rest head to Cool and Collected...

7 comments:

  1. I wouldn't consider any of that junk ,my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Tone. True junk are: paper bills, expired medication, used generic pens, broken headphones, bus tickets, bootleg figures with missing limbs, non working batteries or oxidized paper clips.

    ... I think I have to clean my bag.

    On the other hand...
    OMG! I love your Congo watch, your Riddler figure, oh, I didn't know they made a book based on the Land before Time movie, there's the Cool and Collected Magazine!!, and...
    ¿¿where is Luigi???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah I was stretching the "junk" a tad. Luigi is in there somewhere :)

      Delete
  3. Waitaminnit! I see one item in that pile that is definitely NOT junk. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's all stuff in my one drawer. I love it all :)

      Delete