Saturday, December 7, 2013

League of Extraordinary Bloggers: Wish List!

www.coolandcollected.com

I remember the days scribbling a letter to old St. Nick and my mom fake mailing it! I wish I could go back and experience that once more cause man that was fun! Now as a grown up who still loves toys and collecting pop culture I am tasked with putting together a Christmas wish list!

So last year I was a bit more practical and threw in a few items that were pricey but not completely out of the realm of possibility. This year I figured I'd have some fun while sharing some of the incredible stuff "Profiles in History" will be auctioning off in the near future.

So.....if anyone out there (St. Nick included) has a massive bank account and wants to make this man child's Christmas unforgettable....here's what it'll take......

#1: Screen used Han Solo Blaster from ESB and ROTJ

As far as movie props go, it doesn't get much more iconic than Han Solo's blaster. An absolutely amazing piece of movie history. It's predicted to sell between $200,000 and $300,000 but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it go above and beyond that estimate.
 "Hockey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

#2; Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Grail Diary
"Last Crusade" is a near tie for my favorite Indy movie. The addition of Sean Connery, the epic score by John Williams, and the religious theme made this one great! For roughly $60,000 this piece of movie history can be yours! I don't think there is a more iconic prop from this movie than this diary! I guess you could argue the grail itself but for plot importance the diary has to take the cake!

 "I should have mailed it to the Marx brothers!"

#3: Screen Used Willy Wonka outfit
That new version has nothing on this timeless classic! Another incredibly iconic outfit that any fan of movies would be proud to own! Includes everything except his top hat and for around $60,000 it can be under your tree this Christmas!

"If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it...."

#4: Screen Used Golden Ticket 
If you're in the market for a "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" prop....look no further! This, in my opinion, is the most important prop one could hope to own from the classic film! 

#5: Screen Used Batman costume by Michael Keaton
"Batman" and "Batman Returns" are my top two favorite "Batman" movies. Owning this costume would be nothing short of incredible. I'd put it at number two behind Christopher Reeve's iconic suit from the 70's. For about $60,000 this can be all yours!

"What kind of world do we live in, where a man dressed up like a bat gets all of my press!"

So that's that. The auction book is easily an inch thick and LOADED with tons of epic and amazing items. I could have easily chosen another 20+ items to add to this list but figured I'd stick to these five selections. They would be the ones I'd most definitely pursue if I happened to win the lottery in the next few weeks!

Be sure to check out some other wish lists from around the League!

3 comments:

  1. I think the blaster is going for way more than the estimate. It's going to be fun to watch that price go up and up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Have you ever seen the show "Hollywood Treasure"? It's about the auction house Profiles in History. I binge watched it on Netflix during the snow storm this weekend and it's really cool. Surprised it didn't get renewed.

      Delete
  2. Pretty high profile stuff here. Looking back I'm surprised there was never a crossover between Willy Wonka and Doctor Who. Clearly they have similar eccentricities, near-magical abilities and fashion sense.

    ReplyDelete