Monday, June 10, 2013

League of Extraordinary Blogggers - Jerry Maquire


"You open your own sports agency. Which pop culture all stars will be your first clients? “Show me the money!”
 
I'm going to interpret this assignment my own way and assemble my pop culture dream team of clients. My clients will assemble to form the greatest football team since the glory days of the 49ers!
 
First things first..... a coach.....Master Yoda
Not sure how you can go wrong with Master Yoda! He's already got quite a list of inspirational one liners and at 900 years old, you can't say he's not experienced. I can already imagine the pre game locker room speeches..."Judge me by my size do you!"

Next up the Defense...As the old saying goes...Defense wins games....wells here's mine...
Leonidas and his brave Spartans!
Defend that goal line like it's the Hot Gates! "Persian....come and get them!"

Now every great football needs some talent under center....someone who can read the defense and make quick decisions.....for QB....I'm going with the World's Greatest Detective!
Batman,on a daily basis,  has to outsmart some of the greatest Super Villains in the entire comic book universe. I'm confident he can read the defense =)

Next I'm going to sign a  pair of receivers....
Superman and the Flash would give any NFL safety or CB nightmares.....getting opened shouldn't be a problem.....now let's just hope they can catch!

With all the speed I've got in the receiving position I decided to go with a power back.....
Somewhere Ray Lewis is very glad he retired!

With Batman at the helm, I'll need a good O - line....
I don't know why, but this guy (Rock Biter from Never Ending Story) popped into my head for this role. I figured just go with it! A one man offensive line! Now if only Batman could see the field........

For tight end I want someone big enough to block and fast enough to run routes......
Gotta go with Lion-O here......he's got all the intangibles!

Finally my special teams squad was a no brainer....
I'd like to see a field goal attempt with Storm on the field!

So there you have it, my dream team of clients assembled! NowI've gotta do my job as the "Ambassador of Quan" and find a team who can afford to pay this bunch!

League Posts to come!

9 comments:

  1. Ha! Love it! But I'm not sure you can have 300 players on D. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yeah I defintely took some liberties =)

      Delete
  2. They're good... Not Pop Culture Zephyrs good, but still a worthy team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL glad you went football. I'd imagine if you went with hoops instead, you'd sign Treebeard and the Ents over Rock Biter, but they are rather slow in the paint. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Yeah I'd probably grab a few guys from "Space Jam" too!

      Delete
  4. Hate to tell you this, but Batman throws like a girl (no offsense ladies). Why do you think all his grappling hooks use gas guns?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rock Biter!!! A fantastic addition to any team! Great Post sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never ending story is an all time favorite of mine. I'm a teacher and I show it to my classes each year and it still holds up. The kids always enjoy. Even with its lame special effects(or lack there of) it's remains a great movie!

      And by the way....thanks ;)

      Delete